This soft, feminine updo is the perfect compliment to all of fall's trends. This style would nicely balance the structure of a peplum dress, the boldness of red lipstick, or the masculinity of a kick ass pair of moto boots. And it's super quick and easy. Get the step-by-step after the jump.
Soft Braided Updo
1. Start by dividing your hair into two sections, using a diagonal part. Make one section bigger than the other. Smooth into two low ponytails and secure with small bands.
2. OPTIONAL: I am lacking texture in my hair so I hit each ponytail with some hairspray and curled them with my curling iron. Feel free to skip this step if you have curly hair or if you just don't wanna.
3. Braid each section and tie off with a small band.
4. Gently pull on the braid to make it wider and messier.
5. Bring the larger braid across the nape, tuck under the end to hide the band, and pin.
6. Bring the smaller piece over the top, wrap the end around the base of the larger braid to hide the bands and pin.
7. Use your handy-dandy mirror to check how things are laying and pin both braids down, tucking in any loose ends and hiding the bands. In addition to bobby pins, I also used hair pins to arrange my braids.by