One more day! Halloween is tomorrow and I’m doing a little prepping. I’ll be going as Rogue from the X-Men and, of course, I can’t forget my nails! So, I’ve created nail art inspired by the X-men symbol. I’ve done them in yellow because that's one of Rogue signature colors but you can use any color to fit any of the X-men.
Get the step-by-step how-to after the jump
X-Men Nails Tutorial – Rogue
For this nail art project, you will need:
Yellow Nail Polish
Black Nail Polish
1. Start by prepping your nails and applying a base coat, then two coats of your yellow polish. I used Essie First Base Base Coat and a bright yellow I got in a promotional package but Milani High Speed Nail Lacquer in Yellow Whiz would work well too. Wait for your nails to completely cure. This will take at least an hour.
2. Cut your tape into square and then cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles. For the sake of time, cut all of these for one hand at the same time. You will need 4 triangles for each nail or 20 per hand.
3. Press the tape onto the back of your hand to make it slightly less adhesive, then apply four per fingernail as shown.
4. Paint your black nail polish onto the X shape that is exposed. Be careful not to have your brush too wet, as it may run under the tape. Also it will take forever to dry. Paint two coats and again, wait for this to cure completely.
5. VERY slowly and carefully, peel off the tape.
6. Finish with a top coat. I like Essie No Chips Ahead Top Coat.
Note: I recommend doing steps 2-6 on one hand, then repeating them on the other hand.by