I love the placement of the well-loved sock bun. There is something really glamorous about piling all of your hair on top of your head. For the sake of variety, I wanted to offer another version that can be created just as quickly and easily. This bun is a bit more playful and can be a clean or as messy as you like.
Get the step-by-step tutorial after the jump.
Loopy Bun Updo Tutorial
1. Start by drying your hair straight, preferably with a round brush for volume.
2. Curl set your hair. I’m using hot rollers but you can also use a curling iron and pins if you prefer. Don’t worry about making these curls perfect and the placement isn’t important here. You just need to quickly get some bend in your hair. If you need guidance, you can follow the steps in this curl set tutorial.
3. Take the curls out. You will look silly. No worries.
4. Put your hair in a high ponytail. Try to use your fingers as opposed to a brush to do this step to avoid brushing out the curls.
5. Take a strand and roll it around two fingers as shown. Form a loop and use a bobby pin to secure.
6. Continue until the entire ponytail has been looped and pinned.by