Busy people of the world: I've got another super easy, very doable updo idea for you. This pretty chignon consists of two wrapped sections that are crossed in the back for more visual interest. The steps are very simple and this style shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to create. As always, it helps to work with dirty hair and to use lots of product to give hair texture. I prefer working with pomade or wax when creating updos because they give my fine, slippery hair a little grit. Not only is it easier to work with but it helps to keep style in place. For this tutorial, I’ve used Lanza Healing Style Refine Pomade and I finished with Umberto Regular Hold Hairspray. Hope you like this crossed bun and give it a try!
Get the how-to after the jump.
Hot Crossed Bun
Here’s what you’ll need:
Pomade or styling wax
1. Divide your hair down the middle in to two roughly equal parts.
2. Apply pomade to each section and then cross them in back.
3. Pin the cross in place. Be sure to cross the pins for a stronger hold.
4. Wrap the ends of one section around two fingers to form a small loop. If this seems difficult to do, add more pomade. Pin the loop to one side of your cross.
5. Repeat with the second section, pinning the loop to the other side of your cross.
6. Check how it looks using a hand mirror and pin down any stray hairs. Spray liberally with hairspray. Finished!