Bare nails with brightly colored accents are a super simple way to make a statement. For this design, I decided to paint a bright azure blue in a reverse triangle shape on my tips. The angle adds a bit more visual interest and mimics the shape of pointy nails without having to actually file your nails into talons. This nail art tutorial is incredibly versatile – change the color or the shape to suit your mood (or outfit!)
The step-by-step tutorial is after the jump.
Blue Arrow Tips
For this nail art tutorial, you will need:
Nail polish remover
Cotton balls or pads
Base coat (optional; I used Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat)
Kiss Design Perfection nail guides or washi tape and scissors
Blue polish (I used Essie Hide & Go Chic)
Top coat (I used Nail Tek Hydration Therapy Moisture Balancing Topcoat Matte)
1. Start by shaping nails and pushing back cuticles, then wipe each nail with a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover to remove oils and debris.
2. Apply a base coat to all nails. This is optional but will protect your tips from staining blue.
3. Once the base coat is completely dry, apply your nail art guides. I used the chevron stickers from the Kiss Design Perfection set.
Note: If you don't have the design guides, you can trim washi tape at about a 100 degree angle and apply to your nails as shown above.
4. Paint all tips with your blue polish. Peel off the guides or tape while the polish is still wet and clean up any slips.
5. Apply a top coat to all nails.