While perusing Pinterest, I happened across a cool white, yellow, and black fabric swatch from Spoonflower. I love the simplicity of the design and how the bright color and black chevron pop against the white background. I used the image to inspire this nail art manicure and made it my own by swapping the yellow for neon green and replacing the V-shaped pattern with black stripes.
I absolutely love the way my nails turned out. The black and white tempers the neon for a finished look that is fun but not glaring. It is very easy to create and would be a great project for nail art beginners.
The step-by-step tutorial and materials are after the jump.
Neon and Black Striped Nail Art
For this nail art look, you will need:
Nail polish remover
Base coat (I used Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat)
White nail polish (I used Essie Nail Polish in Blanc)
Neon nail polish (I used Urban Outfitters Neons Collection Nail Polish in Wavvvy)
Black striping tape (I got mine in a bundle on Amazon)
Top coat (I used Essie No Chips Ahead Top Coat)
1. Wipe down each nail with a cotton ball moistened with nail polish remover to remove oils and debris and apply a base coat.
2. Paint 2 coats of your white polish and allow it to completely cure.
3. Apply washi tape as shown, leaving a stripe of your nail visible.
4. Use your neon polish to paint in the stripe. Remove the tape while the polish is still tacky.
5. Cut 40 small pieces of black striping tape and apply to your nails in stripes. Vary the angle and direction of the stripes. Trim excess tape along the outer edge.
6. If necessary, used a cotton-wrapped orangewood stick dipped in nail polish remover to clean up polish slips and then finish with a layer of top coat.by