Simple and sweet, a braided headband is a piece of cake to create. Seriously, you will be surprised how quick and painless this style is to replicate. And it's so pretty, right?
You don't have to have crazy long hair for this look; it should work as long as your length in front falls a bit beyond your chin. I like it nice and messy for boho chic feel but this easy DIY works just as well with clean, tight braids and straight hair.
The step-by-step tutorial is after the jump.
Easy DIY Braided Headband
For this hairstyle, you will need:
Pomade or styling cream (I used Redken Mess Around 10 Distrupting Cream-Paste)
Small hair bands
1. Section your hair horizontally back from each recession (top corners of your forehead) to clip the hair on top out of the way.
2. Grab a chunk of hair in the front above your ear, apply your styling product, and divide it into 3 equal sections.
3. Braid the section upward, in the direction you will eventually pin it. Tie off with a small hair band.
3. Repeat on the other side.
4. Gently pull on the sides of each braid to widen and loosen it for a more messy feel.
5. Remove the clip to release the top. Hold one braid up in the position you would like your headband to be and use bobby pins to secure. Pin all along the braid but leave the end loose for now.
6. Repeat on the other side, tuck the ends under the other and pin in place.