Pretty waves and messy texture are still trending big time. Unless you are born with the perfect amount of bend in you hair, however, the look can be a little trick to achieve. Lucky for me, I discovered an easy-to-use tool that delivers loose, sexy waves in minutes.
The Kiss Instawave Automatic Curler is a revelation. With just a press of a button, the curler winds hair automatically around the heated barrel. Before trying it, I thought it might snag or pull my hair but that wasn’t the case. Instead, my hair smoothly twirled around the barrel. The temperature setting and length of time you heat the strand determines the strength of the curl. Release your hair after a 3-5 seconds for waves or up to 10 seconds for tighter ringlets. I love most about this tool is that it winds hair in either direction and works really quickly. In fact, waving my hair only took a few minutes.
Check out the demo below to see it in action. It works great on my mid-length, straight hair but this clever too will work on any length or texture. Check out the video on the Kiss Instawave site to see it in action on longer hair.
How to Create Pretty Waves With Kiss Instawave
1. Make sure your hair is completely dry before using this tool.
2. Plug in the Instawave and turn it on to either the high or low heat setting. When the Power Indicator Light turns blue, it’s ready to use.
3. I wanted to create large, loose waves, so I parted my hair horizontally into 2 large sections. For neater, tighter curls, make the sections smaller. Starting on the bottom, place the tool vertically next to your scalp and press the button in the direction you’d like to wave your hair. If your hair is longer than mine, you can pick up vertical subsections and place the strand in the prongs prior to winding.
4. Once the strand has wound around the tool, let it sit for 3 to 10 seconds, then release but lowering the tool downward. If your hair is wound tightly, you can simply unwind the curl by pressing the directional switch the opposite way.
5. Repeat throughout the bottom and top sections. I like my waves to move away from my face, so I curled my right side to the right and my left side to the left.
The Kiss Instawave is available at Target $59.99by