It's Spring and I'm in the mood for pretty pastels and fun bright colors all at the same time. So I decided to combine the two with a pretty neutral nail polish balanced with some fun bright shades. After applying a beigey-pink as a base, I added stripes of purple, lime green, and orange to one nail and painted just the tips lime green on the other nails. To finish the design, I affixed a couple 3-D gold nail art stickers from Born Pretty.
Nail stickers are a super easy way to add a little something special to your nails. The set I used consists of slightly raised line art designs set on clear stickers. It comes in gold and silver and each sheet contains a lot of appliques including geometric patterns and shapes, diamonds, spiders, hearts, butterflies, and more.
This nail art design is easy to customize with other colors or decals. Check out the how-to below and then recreate it or get inspired to dream up your own version.
Brights and Bling Nail Art Step-by-Step
1. After applying a base coat, paint your nails a neutral or pastel color. I used two coats of Essie Nail Polish in Spin the Bottle.
2. Once that is dry, use a fine nail art brush to paint thin bright stripes on one side of one nail on each hand. I used a liner brush set from Born Pretty, Essie Nail Polish in Foot Loose, Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Color in Statement, and Essie Nail Polish in Saturday Disco Fever.
3. Optional: Use a nail art brush to freehand paint the tips of each nail with one of your bright shades.
4. When your nails have fully cured (at least an hour), apply your nail art appliques. I used Born Pretty 3D Nail Art Stickers. I cut a large one with stripes in half to use on my striped nail and trimmed it to fit.
5. If the nail sticker is longer than your nail, use a file in a downward motion to remove the excess.
6. Apply a top coat and clean up any mistakes with a cotton-wrapped orangewood stick dipped in nail polish remover. Done!