Buns are a chic way to get your hair off your neck in the summertime and beyond. This easy braided offering is hella versatile, too. It works well with casual attire but can be dressed up with a hair accessory for a more dressy occasion. No fancy braiding skills are required. This pretty style is composed of three simple 3-strand braids so it's perfect for beginners or anyone who considers themselves to be hairstyling-challenged. Check out the tutorial below to see how it's done.
Triple Braid Bun
For this tutorial, you will need:
styling product (I used L'anza Healing Style Dry Sculpt Clay)
small braiding elastics (I pick mine up at the dollar store)
1. Tie your hair back into a low ponytail.
2. Add product to the ponytail to make it easier to work with especially if you hair is freshly washed. Clean hair is a pain. It's slippery and doesn't hold styles very well. Then divide the ponytail into 3 sections.
3. Braid each section and tie off with a small braiding elastic.
4. Gently tug on the sides of the braids to make them a bit wider, if desired.
5. Now braid the three braids together and tie all the ends together with one elastic, removing the other 2 elastics.
6. Fold the braid under and start pinning the bun in place with bobby pins. Stretch the braid out on the sides and use your pins to pull the top of the braid up and over the ponytail holder at the base of the braid.